The Yemen Arab Republic (YAR), (in Arabic: الجمهوريّة العربية اليمنية) was a country from 1962 to 1990 in the northern part of what is now the Republic of Yemen. The republican government was supported by Egypt (then the United Arab Republic) during the North Yemen Civil War, which raged from 1962 until 1967. During that conflict, North Yemeni airborne and commando units received Egyptian-made camouflage uniforms.
The Egyptian-produced "rocks" camouflage design (derived from the German WW2 Planetree pattern) was worn by special troops of the YAR in the 1970s, and possibly earlier. From what little photographic evidence has been gathered, it does not appear the Yemeni-issued uniforms were reversible, in contrast to Egyptian-produced uniforms.
Also worn by Yemeni special troops during the 1970s was the Egyptian-design two-color desert or "sand" camouflage pattern seen here. Again, although Egyptian produced versions of this pattern were reversible to the above "rocks" design, the Yemeni uniforms that are documented show no indications of that feature.
- Why Did The Germans Defeat The Worl...
- What Kind Of Backpack Can Go Throug...
- China 01 Type Individual Cold Zone ...
- American Lbt-2595g Water Bag Backpack
- Comparison Of Military Backpack Bet...
- Evolution Of Military Backpacks
- Evolution Of Military Backpack In C...
- McGhorse Backpack
- Molle Overview
- What Is Plce
- German World War II Camouflage Patt...
- Republic Of Yemen
- Wz. 93 Pantera
- Flecktarn Modern Patterns
- M4 Carbine
- Republic Of Albania
- Type 99 (camouflage)
- Republic Of Belarus
- Bosnia And Herzegovina
- Republic Of Croatia