Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
Officially the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal (सङ्घीय लोकतान्त्रिक गणतन्त्र नेपाल), the nation retained its sovereignty throughout the colonial period and into the present day. The security of the nation is entrusted to the Nepalese Army (नेपाली सेना), the Armed Police, and the Nepalese Police Force.
Nepalese Camouflage Patterns
The first camouflage pattern worn by Nepal was obtained from Japan. The uniforms were worn by the Airborne Battalion, and locally-made from imported fabric.
A second version of this pattern was copied from the original design, but produced locally on lightweight fabric. Although an attempt was made to match the colors of the original, they do differ considerably due to poor quality control.
In the early 1990s, the Japanese drawings were retained but the colors modified to create a national version of the camouflage for issue to Nepalese personnel deployed on UN missions. This version features black, brown and medium green shapes on a bright lime green background.
Another camouflage design was adopted as the universal pattern for the Nepalese Army in the mid-1990s. Known as DPM, the pattern has no relationship to the British design of the same name. This pattern has black, brown and olive green shapes on a khaki background and uses different drawings from the earlier designs.
Both the Nepalese Police Force and the Armed Police wear an urban pattern camouflage, having black, blue-grey, and grey disruptive shapes on a light grey background.
Another urban camouflage pattern with a blue colorway of true DPM design is seen here. As with the design above, this pattern is worn by both the Nepalese Police Force and the Armed Police, and is similar to that worn by many Persian Gulf states.
- Why Did The Germans Defeat The Worl...
- What Kind Of Backpack Can Go Throug...
- China 01 Type Individual Cold Zone ...
- American Lbt-2595g Water Bag Backpack
- Comparison Of Military Backpack Bet...
- Evolution Of Military Backpacks
- Evolution Of Military Backpack In C...
- McGhorse Backpack
- Molle Overview
- What Is Plce
- Maldives Camouflage Patterns
- The Construction Of Plce
- The Future Development Trend Of PLCE
- What Is A Tactical Vest?
- The Function Of The Tactical Vest
- Application Of Tactical Vest
- How To Use Molle System Tactical Ve...
- What Are The Types Of Tactical Vests?
- What Are The Features Of The Tactic...
- What Are The Advanced Tactical Vest...